A bus driver who reportedly threw a passenger off a Dunedin bus for being aggressive exhibited “unacceptable” behaviour, other bus users say.
The man was unceremoniously told to “get off the bus” with a suggestion he had been previously drinking alcohol on the bus a week ago, according to a passenger who witnessed the incident on Saturday afternoon.
The man claimed that the bus driver threw him and his backpack off the bus. In the comment sections he mentioned that he didn’t do anything wrong. However, people who were using the bus at the time said the man threatened to fight the bus driver and started loosing his shit like a baby not wearing a nappy.
Minutes after the man posted his rant on the Dunedin News Facebook Group, people who witnessed the event claimed that the original poster was actually the one in the wrong.
Where to get help:
• Lifeline: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
• Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
• Youth services: (06) 3555 906
• Youthline: 0800 376 633
• Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
• Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
• The Word
• Depression helpline: 0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
• Rainbow Youth: (09) 376 4155
• CASPER Suicide Prevention
If it is an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111.